Monday, February 20, 2012

Watercolor Tutorial!!!

So I've done a watercolor before. I got so many compliments on it I have done it 3 times since. Then I was asked to do a tutorial. So...Here it is. This is going to be a little wierd, but yeah...It's pretty easy!

First off, materials. You will need:
nails painted a base coat (I used Lavender Cloud)
a thick fast drying top coat (Seche)
as many colors as you want to watercolor (I used Kelly, Ibiza, and Tru)
a quarter inch paint brush (Or, the brush you use to clean up your mani)
Acetone

I know I have Dove pictured above, but I tried it with Dove and it was too light, I went with Kelly.
so a small dot of polish, take your art brush dip it in acetone, and with a light touch (as to not go through the seche, which I did a couple of times) move it around, make a design. Repeat with other colors.

Pretty easy, huh?


This is the finished product.



Try this!! It is incredibly easy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks great. I tried this for the first time yesterday and it was a total fail. You make me want to try again! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this look, those were good colors together too, I have to try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Jen <3 I need to try this out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be easy, I'll try, parabens by turorial, loved,

    kisses

    Maysa

    ReplyDelete